Saturday, April 4, 2015

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: When I Was Young, Part One

Randy, at Genea-Musings, has challenged us with five questions in this week's edition of Saturday Genealogy Fun.  The challenge reads:

1)  Geneablogger Alona Tester has devised a new meme called the "When I Was Young" genea-meme on her blog, LoneTester HQ.

2)  Since the genea-meme is 25 questions, let's do them five at a time.  This week, answer questions 1 to 5.

3)  Share your answers on your own blog post, in a comment on this blog post, or in a Facebook post or a Google+ post.

===========================================


Here are my questions and answers:

1)  Do you (or your parents) have any memorabilia from when you were a baby? (ie. baby book, lock of hair, first shoes etc.)

I have my baby book and my first shoes, bronzed.

2)  Do you know if you were named after anyone?

I was named after my maternal grandmother Doris, and her mother, Irene. Put together, they spell Dorene!

3)  And do you know of any other names your parents might have named you?

My mother wanted to name me Timothy, if I had been a boy. My dad said that when his oldest son ran onto to the Ohio State football field, Timothy Orshoski just didn’t sound right! Luckily, my three brothers were interested in sports, as my favorite sport is reading!

4)  What is your earliest memory?

My earliest memory is my parents bringing home baby girl Robin, when I was 4 years old.

5)  Did your parent/s (or older siblings) read, sing or tell stories to you? Do you remember any of these?

My mother and great grandmothers read to me often, but sadly I do not remember it at all. Mom said that when Great Grandma Irene took us to California by train, Gram Irene read Little Golden books to me all the way there.

Thanks for the fun, Randy!

1 comment:

Alex Daw said...

They are lovely memories Dorene!